Friday, April 10, 2015

Blog 5A (Evaluate Purpose)

"It's strange how 137 minutes of non- 
stop action yet tends to make me
burst into tears"
A few days ago, I had the chance to watch The Fast and Furious 7 movie. I looked forward to this movie like many other fans because this one is the last finale of the Fast and Furious series. Personally I adore action movies and the Fast and Furious series are one of the films that strongly influenced me to become the "action movie-holic" I am today.



To briefly explain for those who have not watched any of the Furious movies, the movie is basically about racing cars and crime. All of the films have different stories all worth watching. Furious 7 has a complicating yet exciting plot that makes the viewer become anxious the whole time watching the movie. The cast of the movie was unbelievable as usual, and the action scenes of the actors were amazing. The quality of the movie seems to enhance each time a new sequel comes out. More than half of the scenes were full of mind-blowing action moves and fighting scenes. I have to say, for a girl who loves TaeKwonDo the 2 hours were just amazing.


Despite the thrilling actions in the film, I have to admit the story itself was very intriguing but a bit "too much". There were two different crimes going on at the same time which meant that Dom and his crew were against two separate bad guys. Due to this fact, it was a bit difficult for the viewer to organize the plot while watching the movie. I think the directors and producers wanted to contain a lot of content within the film. They did succeed in making a substantial and meaningful movie, but to say it in a bad tone it was a little messy. There was literally no peace in the movie where I could just lay back and admire the screen. The whole time my hairs were standing because of the thrilling ambiance of the film. Some people said that their head hurts due to the non-stop action and fighting. In my case, I actually enjoyed the anxiety because nothing was predictable.


Although this movie is very contradictory due both the positive assets and flaws, there is one part of the movie that everyone believes is undeniably perfect; the ending.


*I do not want to spoil the movie for anyone but the information below might give away how the movie is going to end. If you don't want to know just skip!! Sorry :(



The last ending scene of the movie was perfect flawless in anyway. The movie ends with a scene where Dom and Brian driving down a long road for the last time. Although the actors do not say a single line, I was able to feel the bond between them. In between, there were scene cuts from the previous Fast and Furious films which reflected the long history and reminiscence of the cast and other staff members. It was more touching because of the thought that this film is the last moment of Paul Walker, the actor of Brian O'conner. Paul Walker died on November 2013 which was during the time he was filming Furious 7, due to a car accident. His tragic death broke the heart of many fans and this movie might not have been able to reach an end. However, thankfully the film was able to give his character a proper send-off. Captions that say "For Paul" are shown at the very last of the film to show the dedication to Paul Walker. The symbolic meaning expressed through Dom and Brian driving through the roads that eventually divide in separate ways was amazing. That was the last thing that was needed to make me start crying my heart out. These were the last lines of the movie said in Dom's narrations : 


"I used to say I live my life a quarter mile at a time and I think that's why we were brothers - because you did too. No matter where you are in this world, whether it's a quarter mile away or half way across the world. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room, right here, right now. Salute mi familia. You'll always be with me. And you'll always be my brother." -Dominic Toretto




A great ending to one of the greatest movies I saw recently.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. I can feel your favor about 'The Fast and Furious 7' movie. After test, I will see this movie. I'm looking forward to this movie through your writing. And writing construct is very proper to introduce the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently, I watched The Fast and Furious 7 in last week. I had not watched The Fast and Furious movie series. But It is really thrilling and exciting. Especially, Racing scene is the best scene in my mind.
    After reading your blog post, I realized that Paul Walker died due to a car accident. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete